Columbia Pacific Consulting Ltd. is a firm of consulting economists located in Downtown Vancouver. Our core business is the provision of economic consulting services to Canada’s law firms, insurance companies, and other parties involved in civil litigation.
We seek a part-time Office Assistant to join our administrative support team. The position will involve about 20 to 25 hours per week.
As a member of our administrative support team, you will work closely with and report directly to our firm’s Office Manager.
Your core responsibilities will be to…
- Assist the Office Manager in the management of client files (opening, closing, and archiving of files, entering of data into MS Access database).
- Provide administrative support to our professional economists (MS Access database searches, photocopying, managing e-mail correspondence, calendars, and travel arrangements).
- Perform front-line reception duties (couriers, mail in/out, handling and directing of general inbound phone inquiries).
- Ensure that office facilities, supplies, and equipment are well maintained.
We require a person with the following qualifications:
- Three to four years of prior office experience or post-secondary training is preferred.
- Fluency in English language (written and spoken) is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (MS Access, MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook) is an asset.
- Ability to undertake some moderately-physical tasks (e.g., transporting of file boxes) is required.
- Eagerness to learn new skills and grow within our company is required.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to February 28, 2019. Please submit all correspondence by e-mail – no telephone calls please.
We sincerely thank all qualified applicants who apply. However, only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted by phone.